Popular Nigerian gospel film editor and song producer, Joshua Mike Bamiloye has taken to social media to express his strong disapproval against knowing one’s partner sexual compatibility before marriage which has been posing lately as the major reason many youths engage in sexual activities with their partners before walking down the aisle.
The film editor in his replies to a tweet shared by a twitter user with the handle @esiyonce (Miss. E), asking how best her followers who are Christians determine sexual compatibility in a relationship prior to their marriage.
Jaymikee, who stood his position on the question categorically stated that “sexual compatibility” is a term used by many as a way of endorsing fornication, justifying the act and also suppress the guilt that may surface after it.
Jaymikee went further to back up his censure against “knowing sexual compatibility” before marriage with some scriptural references (1Cor 6:18-20), clearly showing that the body of man is the temple of the Holy Spirit which must be used to honor God. The verses of the bible further explained that all forms of sexual sins must be avoided at all cost.
@esiyonce (Miss. E)’s tweet: Christian twitter, how do you determine sexual compatibility in a relationship without sex, prior to marriage.
Jaymikee’s replies; “(So for Christian Twitter) In courtship, it’s good to discuss every topic including sex related ones . It’s also part of what is discussed during courtship counseling, BUT THAT’S IT. Marriage is where you go practical as you LEARN and GROW together, So let’s not be deceived, “sexual compatibility” isn’t even a real word. Just a fancy way of endorsing fornication and suppressing the guilt with “we wanna know if we’re compatible” lol Nah genotype? Avoid deception, use the scripture. 1Cor 6:18-20”
18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
Published By: Ifeoluwa ORISAKAHUNSI
- “We are in the era where people comb through the scriptures for verses to justify wrong doings” – Jaymikee
- Jaymikee recalls the “hurtful” body shaming experience he faced; ‘They Told Me I Was Too Fat’
- We can’t claim to be born again and still live in disobedience – Jaymikee
- “Christians can also wear clothes that speak Christ the same way we wear Jerseys”, Jaymikee writes
- Mothers’ Day: ‘A woman full of wisdom’, Jaymikee writes as she shares amazing photo of Mummy Gloria
- Just In: “Gbemi 2” release date postponed till further notice, fans react