All of the choices made in life, from big to small, bring with them consequences. One small decision made thoughtlessly in a moment can activate an irreversible destruction. It is the same with sin. Our sin, big and small, has consequences that can linger, sometimes a lifetime, and even into eternity.
Digital artist, movie editor and music producer, Joshua Mike-Bamiloye has taken to his official Twitter page to explain to his followers that even when some sins are forgiven, the consequences attached to them might not be escaped.
To back up his notion, Joshua referred to the story of the prodigal son in the bible (Luke 15:11-32) who squandered his share from his father’s inheritance. Joshua Mike-Bamiloye noted that the bible did not record that he was given another share of the inheritance even though when he asked for forgiveness, he was forgiven and even celebrate for returning home.
As expected, one of his followers with the twitter ID Omekannaya @Obilk insisted that when God forgives a man of his sins, the penalties attached to them are ‘wiped off’ completely. He further prayed for Joshua Mike-Bamiloye that he gets a deeper understanding of how Grace operates. However, Jaymikee replied citing some examples. READ THIER TWEETS BELOW;
Joshua Mike-Bamiloye @jaymikee; Take note, the prodigal Son came back, father welcomed him lovingly, held a party for him etc, but it never said he was given another half inheritance right away. Yes, He was forgiven, but to every action, there are consequences.
Omekannaya @Obilk; Sir I pray that you have a deeper understanding of depths of God’s grace, love and forgiveness! It is perfect, fully restores and completely wipes out consequences like nothing ever happened!
Joshua Mike-Bamiloye replied Omekannaya @Obilk; The grace doesn’t automatically take away STDs from a former sex offender or return the money squandered by a former gambler nor remove the Jail sentence of a former robber. Actions have physical consequences. People do experience mercy, but not everyone and not automatically.
Take note, the prodigal Son came back, father welcomed him lovingly, held a party for him etc, but it never said he was given another half inheritance right away. Yes, He was forgiven, but to every action, there are consequences.
— Joshua Mike-Bamiloye (@jay_mikee) May 22, 2022
Published By: Ifeoluwa ORISAKAHUNSI
- #TheTrain: Jaymikee announces Lawrence Oyor featured in ‘The Train’ theme song, says theme song is ready.
- Joshua Mike Bamiloye reveals what he will say if given a minute to speak to the whole world.
- (Photos): Jaymikee and Tolulope masked up for “Jailer” movie premiere
- (Video): Moment Jaymikee declared his marriage proposal a perfect one following 6 others Tolulope rejected
- “Instead of paraphrasing and recycling prayer points against the enemies, pray for more wisdom and growth in your walk with God” – Joshua Mike-Bamiloye
- ‘Queen of my heart, my sugar, spice and everything nice’, Jaymikee gushes over wife, Tolulope on her birthday (Photos)