People often argue that if it was truly God who led you into a relationship (courtship), then it shouldn’t end in a breakup. The fact that you heard God at the beginning doesn’t mean the relationship will automatically end with you two walking down the isle as there are other factors involved.
Let’s look at this illustration. There’s a major role in a movie and God led the producer to cast brother A to act the role. Brother A agreed but a few days to shooting, he said he wouldn’t be available anymore for certain reasons. And so the producer went back to God and He led him to brother B who joyfully agreed to play the role and he did amazing.
The position of a husband or wife is similar to the lead role which was vacant. If God leads you to someone but along the line, you discover that he or she isn’t willing to follow you anymore or there are red flags or other issues that mustn’t be overlooked, don’t force the relationship to work. Don’t say “because I heard God at the beginning, there is no going back”. Go back to God in prayers and hear what He has to say.
Also it is important to note that we are humans and not robots, a person’s ‘yes’ today can become a ‘no’ tomorrow. Even God can’t force us into His will. We have to choose to Follow Him and He will lead us. So if a person refuses to remain in that will, we can’t force things to work. If you patch things up during courtship, you’ll most likely continue to patch things up during marriage.
God who gave you person A can give you person B who will end up being much better because He gives His children the best. All you need to do is trust God, follow His leading and always remember that ALL THINGS (both good and bad) work together for the good of those who love God (Rom 8:28). Keep loving God, He will definitely make it all beautiful.
#SOURCE: TED SHOW (Instagram)
Published By: Ifeoluwa ORISAKAHUNSI
- “Dara looks chubbier”, fans left stunned as Darasimi makes first appearance on TED show as Mrs. Oyor
- (Photos): The Bamiloyes and Adeboyes reunite at the just concluded 2020 Holy Ghost Congress
- (Video): See Tolu & Ella’s reactions while watching the last scene of Abejoye Season 4
- Relationship: Emmanuela Mike-Bamiloye talks about ‘How to avoid heart breaks, How to Let Go and how to Move On’
- How to choose the right marriage partner (Part 5) – Gloria Bamiloye
- Don’t measure his spirituality based on his physical expression in the things of God only, Tolu warns single sisters