Top Notch filmmaker, Ben Ope Johnson has revealed an unknown affecting Faith-based filmmakers. In his recent post on Facebook, the Cinematographer said it is rare seeing faith-based movie focused on a single message rather writers compact many messages in a single production leaving the audience confused.
Reviewing one of Mount Zion Faith Ministries movie produced in 1996 titled “The story of my life”, Ben Ope Johnson said the movie remains one of the best love stories/messages ever made by a filmmaker in Nigeria as the content in it is only confined to a single message and well simplified.
He shares; “The “Story of my life” is one of the best love stories/messages ever made by a Nigerian Filmmaker. Aspiring Filmmakers, please learn from it. Hollywood has learned that less is more. Their movies have messages like “Betrayal” “Value for family” “Love” and others. In the faith-based world, we usually feel that each movie is our only chance to save the world.
We will pack in forgiveness, mercy, love, redemption and many other messages into the same film, rather than simplifying one single message. And this usually results into confusion. Mind you, a feature length film should not be treated as a TV serial or a TV series. Let’s learn from our preachers.
On Sundays, preachers always preach one message. It could be about love, forgiveness, redemption, love etc. Wisdom is the principal thing, get wisdom! I still love you. Keep loving excellence”
“The story of my life” tells the story of an elderly woman who recounts the story of her life before a live audience, on how she chose pleasure of life against the will of God for her life in the aspect of career and marriage which made a complete wreck before She decided to allow God in her life again and tell her story for everyone to learn and cherish the counsel of God above all else.
Published By: Ifeoluwa ORISAKAHUNSI
- How my pride led to my 10 years suspension from shooting Mount Zion movies – Ben Ope Johnson
- ONIDURO MI: Filmmaker, Ben Ope Johnson advises parties involved, encourages their fans to also learn from the error.
- Creativity: 40+1 Titles every drama minister can relate with – Femi FAKAYODE
- Victor Olukoju teaches about social media ethics.
- ANCEDRAM National Extends Heartfelt Condolences to ANCEDRAM Adamawa State Chapter on the Demise of two members.
- Woman reunites with her family after watching Abejoye Season 3