SOME ERRORS AND IMPROVEMENTS IN 2018 GOSPEL MOVIES – ORIS DANIEL
In one of the reviews released recently on Rechabites Media YouTube Channel by Oris Daniel, a Journalist and film critic but known far and wide for film criticism. In a bid to add value to the world of gospel film makers, he majored this review on some of the errors and improvements he noticed in some film productions in this just concluded year 2018.
In the evaluation released, he addressed some areas he would like gospel film makers to channel improvements as film productions will be churned out in this year of overflowing expansions, 2019.
- Oris Daniel said in this review that there were too many epic movies released last year (2018) when other genres of films were barely touched. He therefore proposed low concentration on only epic movies and distributed on other genres of films.
- In addition as said in this review, there were little or no collaborations in the year 2018 which didn’t really give some of the movies the quality they would have gotten if they had had collaborations with other film producing agencies or ministries.
- Furthermore, he said makeup and costumes in some movies were amplified and exaggerate. This year he encouraged film makers to improve and be more mature this compared to what was discharged last year.
- During this evaluation he said the number of film productions last year was low compared to years before it. Also these movies should be made available for viewers to see not only in the cinemas but also on YouTube putting online audience like himself into consideration and also on DVD so that many won’t be left out.
- Finally on this, the duration of some movies produced in the year 2018 was too long. This year maximum of 1hour or 1hr 15minutes would be more appreciated compared to the 2hours or 3hours movies produced.
Also, in the assessment released, he gave kudos to the brain(s) behind the standard of gospel films raised. Aspects such as the story lines, special effects, stunts and makeup were encouraging last year. He advised that the banner of this improvement should not be lowered. He stroked the work of the editors, music, theme songs are different now compared to before, most actors as noticed by him are now better in the way they deliver their lines and even interpret their roles. Cinematographer team too (Kunle ADEPOJU, Johnson BABATOLA, Nike OWAH, Abayomi OJO, Bayo Effects to mention few) are relentlessly adding values to the world of gospel film making. Finally, directors are also giving in their best possible to improve the standard but there is always room for improvement. Producers and writers too are doing great but we still expect more packaging this year.
With this review, we hope for progress and elevation this year as Oris Daniel has touched some areas from his own view.
- ABEJOYE SEASON 2; Film Review by Oris Daniel
- I Do Constructive Criticism Not Destructive, Oris Daniel Blows Hot.
- Film Review; AKOBI LAAROYE Season II by Oris Daniel
- NEW MOVIE SHOOT: LAIDE’S NOTE
- Gbajumo Were film producer offers a giveaway price of ₦5,000
- WALL: If you think marriage will solve your problems, you are making a great mistake. – Omolara Ayoola