The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has said no social distancing can keep him away from laying hands on the sick for them to be healed. He spoke on Sunday at the church’s National Headquarters in the Ebute-Meta area of Lagos State.
Adeboye, who preached on the topic, Divine Lifting, however, urged members of his church and Nigerians to obey all COVID-19 protocols outlined by the government to prevent the spread of the virus.
The 78-year-old cleric, who donned a face shield, advised members of his church not to be afraid of the virus but implored them to play their role by obeying all health guidelines.
He said, “I want you to relax but don’t be careless. When I say relax, I do not say be careless. I hope you know the difference between the two. When they say wear your mask, wear your mask. When they say wash your hands, wash your hands. You know we are very particular about hygiene. Even when corona is gone, keep on washing your hands.”
A viral photo of the cleric wearing a face shield while he laid hands on a bedridden person had attracted criticisms last week but speaking today, the cleric said social distancing won’t prevent him from laying hands on the sick.
- “No matter how good you are in that calling or ministry, if it is outside God’s calling for your life, it is regarded as irrelevant”, Pastor Adeboye
- BREAKING!: Pastor Enoch Adeboye Buys Brand New Helicopter
- If you are still afraid of death at 70, you need to check your salvation – Pastor Adeboye
- 53rd wedding anniversary; Pastor Adeboye’s son, Leke, mocks critics
- Naira will become powerful again, Says Pastor E.A Adeboye
- (Video) “You will marry next year” – Pastor Adeboye prays for single men of marriageable age who are wasting time