SHACKLES; FILM REVIEW BY ORIS DANIEL
This is the collaboration between FLAMMING SWORD MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL AND MOUNT ZION FAITH MINISTRIES.
The movie “Shackles” was;
Written By: Mike Bamiloye
Produced By: Magaret Anenih, Wole Adeyi
Directed By: Mike Bamiloye
D.O.P: Damilola Mike Bamiloye
Edited By: Ruth Adepoju
Featuring: Idiagbonya Samuel, Magaret Anenih, Mike Bamiloye, Gloria Bamiloye, Joseph Opadele
“SHACKLES” tells the story of an impatient woman trusting God for a child but she couldn’t wait because she felt God was not answering her prayers. She sought for help from Prophetess Mellion Nbanise, an agent of the darkness. She got the child but she lost her peace and became unease as Gashiky was hell bent to claim ownership over the child.. She was delivered but the baby died.
Oris Daniel, a film critic came on board as usual via his YouTube channel to share his opinion on the movie “shackles”, a movie that was released on Damilola MIKE-BAMILOYE YouTube’s channel a week earlier after the worldwide premieres
Read His Opinion below;
The message in the movie was great as it talks about impatience and the aftermath of any help from the devil. The creativity in the movie was unique, blending of music into the movie was also superb. The names (Meladra Gashiky, Melanboa Dakushi) as well as the costumes were appropriate for each character. Also the establishment shots were excellent and the props were fabulous. Kudos to the brains behind this great movie, they did a great job.
- Gashiky Melamboa was on a costume all through the movie which doesn’t portray the devil’s nature as we all know the devil is endowed with riches.
- The editing cuts were in some scenes were too obvious.
- Joseph Opadele did not embody the character of God, He should have rather be considered to play the role of Gashiky instead, considering his strong facial look while Mike Bamiloye should have played that of God considering his physique. They both did a brilliant job but the casting should have been done better.
- The effects used at the dancing scene between Gashiky and Evelyn to depict their union was not used all through the scene, at a point the room where this scene was shot got revealed.
- Evelyn’s hair styling was not given much attention.
- The church brethren present at the naming ceremony looked like those coming for a meeting, only their dialogues got us convinced that they were actually church brethren but their costumes did not (poor costuming).
- In one of the dream scenes, Gashiky was supposed to appear and disappear. Instead of walking through the stairs, he should have disappear and appear in the room and instead of asking where his son was, as a spirit, he should know where his son was.
- Some lines felt recited by some of the characters in the movie.
- Finally, the husband was not to see Gashiky but his facial expressions at some scenes gave the impression the he saw him.
Shackles Rating; 8.5 of 10 points. By Oris Daniel
Published By: Ifeoluwa ORISAKAHUNSI