Letting Go and Moving On is almost never easy especially if a lot has been invested in the person or relationship. It’s even more painful when you never saw it coming but as a child of God, one scripture you must forever hold dear is Rom 8:28 which states that “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” As a child of God, let this scripture become a reality to you. Never forget that.
You may feel that your world has shattered but the truth is your world hasn’t shattered. It may not look like it but as long as you remain in God, that your beautiful future is still intact. After a breakup or a ‘no’, you may be left with so many unanswered questions. “God what about my convictions? why me? why did she say no? why didn’t he receive me?” etc. Even when you don’t understand why, God wants one thing from you; He wants you to trust Him.
How to avoid heart breaks.
1. Avoid being in situationships. Brother, sister define whatever is going on.
2. Avoid trial and error relationships. Be intentional and deliberate about it. Let God lead you and not your emotions
3. Don’t build castles in the air. If he hasn’t approached you and made His intentions known, please don’t assume or interpret his gestures. Some brothers may just innocently be friendly to you while you’d be assuming something else.
4. Say no to sexual intimacy. Breakups are much more painful when the parties involved have been sexually active be it sex itself or kissing.
5. Don’t build your life around anybody but around God.
How to Move on
Phil 3:13b “but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,”
1. Allow God (not man) fill the void in your heart
2. Don’t hold on to the past, dwelling on the times you spent together. Delete pictures, chats and contacts if you need to
3. Look forward to God’s glorious future for you. His plans are always beautiful Jer 29:11
Please be encouraged, that breakup is not the end of your life, your tomorrow is certainly going to be better than your today as long as you remain in God and trust Him.
Published By: Ifeoluwa ORISAKAHUNSI
- #Explicit: Gloria Bamiloye reveals the best time to make or accept marriage proposal
- Don’t neglect your home because your ministry is expanding, Gloria Bamiloye warns
- “The secret of miraculous life ” – Mike Bamiloye
- “Thank you for making our home heaven on earth”, Damilola Mike Bamiloye eulogizes wife on their 2nd wedding anniversary
- “Dara looks chubbier”, fans left stunned as Darasimi makes first appearance on TED show as Mrs. Oyor
- ‘Visions provoke persecutions and afflictions’ – Evang. Mike Bamiloye