The Ogun State Government has directed that all religious centers shut down as a result of Coronavirus pandemic be opened for worship on August 14, in strict compliance to stipulated guidelines.
The State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun announced this while updating newsmen on the efforts of his administration to combat the pandemic in the state.
Abiodun also ordered pupils and students in terminal classes in both public and private schools to resume lectures on August 4 in preparation for their various examinations. This means that Christian universities and secondary schools such as Covenant University, Redeemers University, Anchor University, Mountain Top University, Redeemers High School, Deeper Life High School, Faith Academy and Mountain Top Schools among many others can earnestly get back to work with their avalanche of employees.
He, however, stated that with the exception of students in the exit classes “all students in our schools will enjoy automatic promotion to the next class.”
He also declared that weekend lockdown in the state would continue till August 14, when Ogun reopens worship centers.
“In the last few weeks, two important subjects have pervaded public discourse as it concerns Ogun State and COVID-19. They border on reopening of schools and the reopening of worship centres. These two subjects have peculiar importance to us as a Government.
“The education sector has not only been one of the biggest industries in our dear State, and there is no gainsaying that we are the education capital of Nigeria. We also are homes to the biggest worship centers … in Nigeria: and Christianity. Here is where people come from different parts of the nation and even from all over the world to worship God in truth and in Spirit.
We give praise and thanks to God for opening the doors of the churches and declare in faith that Lagos will be open in no time.
#Source: CHURCH GIST (Facebook Page)
- (Video): Bishop David Oyedepo & wife makes surprise visit to Pastor E.A Adeboye on his 79th Birthday.
- More pictures from ‘Living Faith Church’ @40
- Closing charge/prayers by Bishop David Oyedepo at Pastor Dare Adeboye’s farewell service.
- “Daddy wants me to assure you, all will still be well” – Pastor E.A Adeboye
- MFM Founders, Pst Daniel Olukoya and wife, Shade Olukoya celebrate 64th and 54th birthday respectively today, (Read their love story)
- Pastors’ sack: No room for laziness, Fatoyinbo backs Oyedepo