The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, on Thursday evening, made his first public appearance after the death of his 42-year-old son, Pastor Dare Adeboye.
The general overseer featured on Thursday at the Holy Communion Service of the May Edition of the church’s Holy Ghost Service. The PUNCH had earlier reported that the younger Adeboye died in his sleep on Wednesday in Eket, Akwa Ibom State, where he was based with his family.
His death shocked the whole world as well-meaning persons including presidents, governors, and notable personalities condole the 79-year-old general overseer and his wife over the death of their son. Preaching on Thursday night, the older Adeboye stressed on the importance of the bread and wine of the Holy Communion.
The cleric spoke from the studio of the church’s station, DOVE Media, while members of his church congregated in the auditorium along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and in other places across the world watched him.
Adeboye, in his sermon, said, “The bread multiplied in the hands of the disciples, as you receive the bread, it will multiply in your hands.” After the sermon, the officiating minister in the auditorium said, “Our Daddy has prayed for us. He was supposed to be here physically but due to circumstances beyond his control, he couldn’t make it.” #SOURCE: PUNCH
READ FULL SERMON BELOW;
Topic: Overflowing Blessings
Text: John 6:5-13
From our text, one thing to note is this, the small lunch from the boy was small even when Jesus gave thanks and when he broke the bread. The food did not start to multiply until Jesus handed over the food to His disciples.
By the reason of this communion, every thing you lay your hands upon will multiply. When you drink the wine, you will receive power to perform miracles. When you eat the bread, you will never fall sick and you will enjoy good health. When the disciples received the communion, they never fell sick and they performed miracles. Even after the ascension of Jesus, Paul ate the communion too and received power to perform miracles. He drank the wine and the anointing overflowed to his handkerchiefs and aprons.
The communion brought the same results it brought to Peter. You will take the same communion tonight and you will receive the same power to perform miracles. This power however is not available to everyone, it is only available to those who are for God, those who have given their life to Him. If you have not given your life to Christ, please do so now.
1) Father, by the reason of this communion, let every sickness in my body be washed away in the name o Jesus
2) Father, please give me overflowing joy in the name of Jesus.
3) Father, please give me overflowing peace, overflowing health, overflowing abundance.
- SAD: 3rd child of Pastor E.A Adeboye, Dare Adeboye has gone to be with the Lord
- Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Dare Adeboye dies in his sleep, aged 42
- Dare Adeboye: I’ve been there before, it’s only the Holy Spirit that can comfort and ease the pain – Dunsin Oyekan
- (Photos): RCCG prepares for Dare Adeboye’s service of songs happening tonight
- Closing charge/prayers by Bishop David Oyedepo at Pastor Dare Adeboye’s farewell service.
- “He wakes us up in the morning by clapping” Late Pastor Dare Adeboye’s 3 kids speak about their Dad