The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye has said that Naira will regain its strength among other currencies. Pastor E.A Adeboye declared this at the RCCG International Headquarters during the Annual RCCG Holy Ghost Congress on Saturday morning.
According to reports, the present naira to dollar exchange value is 490/$ in the parallel market dropping from 500/$ it was sold last week but at N379/$ on CBN official website being the official exchange rate. The cleric prayed to God to intervene in Nigeria’s financial sector and soften the hearts of policymakers who deliberately devalue the naira.
While sharing a testimony on instant financial breakthrough, Adeboye recalled that he had needed N5,000 some decades ago during the Church’s inaugural Convention. According to him, the naira was powerful then and N5,000 was a lot of money.
Adeboye said, “During our first Convention here at the Redemption Camp, I was bold, I asked everybody to come, free feeding. They came, I ran out of money. My wife came to me in the morning, ‘Sir, we need N5,000.’
“Naira was powerful then. It will become powerful again. Those who are deliberately devaluing our naira, before tomorrow morning, God will intervene. “So, my wife said we needed N5,000. I asked her, ‘Do you need it today or later?’ She said today. I didn’t have a kobo. I told her to go. I cried to God that I needed a breakthrough. It wasn’t long after that, one man drove in, he wasn’t a member of the church.
“He asked what’s going on and we said we are having a Convention. And then, he put his hands in his pocket and brought out an envelope with some money. “I then called on my wife and asked her, ‘How much do you say you need?’”
- “No matter how good you are in that calling or ministry, if it is outside God’s calling for your life, it is regarded as irrelevant”, Pastor Adeboye
- If you are still afraid of death at 70, you need to check your salvation – Pastor Adeboye
- 53rd wedding anniversary; Pastor Adeboye’s son, Leke, mocks critics
- Nigeria will break up if not restructured, Says Pastor Adeboye
- (Video) “You will marry next year” – Pastor Adeboye prays for single men of marriageable age who are wasting time
- Social distancing won’t prevent me from laying hands on the sick — Pastor E.A Adeboye