After staying three days in captivity, three members of the Living Faith Bible Church, Osara in Adavi Local Government Area LGA of Kogi State have regained their freedom. They were reportedly released by their abductors on Wednesday.
The Kogi State Police Command Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP William Aya, made this known on Saturday. He said the trio; two students of the Kogi State Polytechnic, Itakpe campus and a staff of the newly established Confluence University of Science and Technology,CUSTECH), Osara were released on Wednesday.
According to Aya, the victims regained freedom through the combined efforts of the police, members of the segment and concerned members of the public in Osara and its environs.
“Immediately the command got wind of the kidnapping of the three persons, we launched a man hunt against the kidnappers, in conjunction with other members of the Osara community which led to the release of the captives,”he said.
The PPRO could not, however, say if the release of the victims concerned involved ransom. It would be recalled that the victims were kidnapped in the early hours of Monday while returning from the church, where they had rehearsals and vigil. Members of the Public expressed delight over the release of the victims but expressed concern over the resurgence of kidnapping in some parts of the state.
Recently, the Managing Director of Azeco Pharmacy, Okene, Abdulazeez Obajimoh and a traditional ruler in Ajaokuta Local Government Area of the state, among others were kidnapped at different times.
SOURCE: PM NEWS NIGERIA
- “We’ve recorded 55 healings of Coronavirus”- Bishop David Oyedepo announces
- “If you spend or eat part of your tithe, God will charge you” Bishop Oyedepo writes
- The only way to a fruitful marriage is total submission on the part of the wife – Bishop David Oyedepo
- ‘10 years ago, I met with Papa and my life has not been the same since then’, Tope Alabi shares testimony at Living Faith Church’s #40th anniversary
- “We have more employees in Winners than most states’ – Bishop David Oyedepo
- “Let the truth be told, no lazy pastor can survive in winners’ chapel”, Pastor Irabor Wisdom gives reasons