Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Kwara State, Most Reverend Paul Olawoore, has been reported dead. The CAN chairman, who is also a Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Ilorin, died early Saturday at the age of 60.
In a statement by the Chancellor, Catholic Diocese of Ilorin, Very Rev. Fr. Daniel Iletogbe, on Saturday, he said that the cleric passed onto glory after a brief illness at the hospital in the early hours of January 1, 2022.
“Dear Reverend Fathers/Sisters, Brothers & Sisters in the Lord,
“It is with deep faith in the resurrection and with heavy heart that the Catholic Diocese of Ilorin announces the death of our beloved Bishop, Most Rev. Paul Olawoore . He passed onto glory after a brief illness at the hospital in the early hours today 1st. January 2022. He was 60 years old.
“We rejoice in the confident knowledge that he is at peace. We ask Mary, Mother of God to intercede for him and grant him a place amongst the angels and saints in the heavenly Kingdom. Arrangements are incomplete at this time. We will send them out as soon as we have them finalized.
“Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. “May his soul and the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, Rest In Peace.”
Also in his condolence message, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of Kwara State described the death of the cleric as a painful exit. “It is indeed a painful exit of a prominent clergy who devoted his entire life to the service of God and humanity. He would be missed as a cerebral clergy known for his pursuit of peace and love for all,” the Governor said.
“My profound condolences go to his immediate family, the Catholic family, and the entire Christendom in Kwara State on this sad loss. May the Good Lord grant him rest and comfort the family and the community he left behind.”
- Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Dare Adeboye dies in his sleep, aged 42
- #forPDee: Leke Adeboye shaves off his hairs, says it is their tradition and a sign of honor to fallen HERO, especially youth (Video)
- (Photos): RCCG prepares for Dare Adeboye’s service of songs happening tonight
- Closing charge/prayers by Bishop David Oyedepo at Pastor Dare Adeboye’s farewell service.
- “He wakes us up in the morning by clapping” Late Pastor Dare Adeboye’s 3 kids speak about their Dad
- Family plans TB Joshua’s burial for July 9