1. Wait Until It is Time ; There is no point kindling a fire that you are not yet ready to cook with. Brothers: If you are not ready for marriage, leave sisters alone and Sisters: If you are not ready for marriage, leave brothers alone.
2. Marry from the Brethren; There are more than enough people here in the Body of Christ for you to go and be looking at someone who is not born again. It is easier to live with somebody who has the fear of God than somebody of the other religions or whose father is a herbalist in the village and they have a secret agreement that he is going to hand over the trade to him after he dies.
3. Marry a person of like passion; Someone who you are in the same youth group together It makes it easier because you both understand each other. My husband and I were together in the same Youth Fellowship and he was even praying for God to give this very dedicated sister a good husband.
4. Be prepared to be married; You can’t be talking of marriage and you are in your father’s house or you are squatting in the boy’s quarter of your senior brother’s house. I heard about someone that got married and was living with his in-law’s family. That is not correct. You must be ready to marry, if it is one room as long as it is your own room.
After we answered the call of God and relocated to Abuja from Jos there was no place for us to stay, whereas in Jos we were both entitled to three bedroom flats each in the two hospitals we were working in. So someone offered us his house to stay in, he said we could either share the main house with them or stay in the boy’s quarters. I and my husband discussed and we agreed that we will stay in the boy’s quarters because that would be our own space. Church Gist. Even if it is one room, we know it is our own personal space. Have a house no matter how small, you don’t marry and go and squat in your father’s house. Have a job, do a business – have a source of income.
Be a woman that can take care of a home. Be able to cook. It’s not just that you can cook but that you can also organize your time. You know when to start making breakfast for breakfast to be ready to eat at breakfast time. If your husband has the time, he can assist in the cooking but don’t have it as a mindset that your husband will be doing the cooking all the time. Don’t join this New Women Movements and come to me for counselling. Men too, help your wives in the kitchen, don’t bring that woman to suffer. Know how to keep the house clean.
5. Keep The Bed Undefiled; Hebrews 13:4, Esther 2:12-14; It important that you marry the right person and it is also more important that you wait until you are married to sleep with each other. Wait until the right time. You can’t eat your cake and have it. If you want it, keep it until the right time because if you have eaten it now, you will not have it again at the right time.
You decide with God’s direction who to marry: you don’t start up a relationship and jump about telling your friends. The truth is, they won’t tell you anything positive about him. Please, if you know what is good for you, keep the gist to yourself. Ask God about him if you are not really sure about him. You can ask your spiritual parents, or your biological parents about him rather than telling friends you are not sure of. Please, carry your mother along in your relationship. My prayer is that God will help us. Nobody here will miss it!
WHY DO YOU WANT TO MARRY?
Don’t marry because you are looking for somebody to wash your clothes or cook for you, or have sex with.
1. Marry for companionship.
2. Marry for destiny fulfilment.
A young woman once married a young Doctor and he sensed a call of God upon his life, and related it to his supposed wife. The ‘wife’ told him that she didn’t marry a Pastor, that she got married to a Doctor. She later packed out of the house because she couldn’t relate with his new found life.
#SOURCE: CHURCH GIST (FB)
- (Photos): Pastor (Dr) Paul And Dr (Mrs) Becky Enenche celebrate 27th Wedding Anniversary
- Dr Becky sends lovely birthday message to her husband, Dr Paul Enenche as he clocks 53
- Tears of joy flow freely as beneficiaries receive Dr. Pst. Paul Enenche’s 53rd birthday packages! (Photos)
- Catholic church donates 425 hospitals as COVID-19 isolation centres
- How I survived cancer, Lady shares her testimony
- Testimony: Nigerian woman welcomes a baby girl after 22 years of marriage.