The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A Adeboye has said that people who are 70 years of age or more that are still afraid of death need to check their salvation. The cleric said this during the first Sunday Thanksgiving service of the RCCG new year calendar themed “Victory Over Lockdown”, held at RCCG Headquarters in Lagos on Sunday.
In his words; “Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, old people were advised to stay at home and not come to church which is a good advice. “But if you are over 70 years of age and you are still afraid of death, then you should check your salvation,” he added.
However, the Pastor prayed that no one would die but rather live to declare the word of God and God will give total victory on all viruses. He added that the congregation should always praise the Lord at all times.
“When we remember some people we grew up with are dead, some are in prison, sick, and we are still alive, then we should have reasons to praise the Lord. When we know we have the Almighty God, the conqueror of any virus by our side, then we have every reason to thank God,” he said.
Published By: Ifeoluwa ORISAKAHUNSI
- “No matter how good you are in that calling or ministry, if it is outside God’s calling for your life, it is regarded as irrelevant”, Pastor Adeboye
- 53rd wedding anniversary; Pastor Adeboye’s son, Leke, mocks critics
- Nigeria will break up if not restructured, Says Pastor Adeboye
- Naira will become powerful again, Says Pastor E.A Adeboye
- (Video) “You will marry next year” – Pastor Adeboye prays for single men of marriageable age who are wasting time
- Bishop Oyedepo says re-opening of churches led to decrease in Coronavirus