A Pastor with the House on the Rock, Adeyinka Akinbami, has died of COVID-19 at the age of 61. Announcing his passing on Saturday, Senior Pastor, HOTR, Paul Adefarasin, said he had yet to come to terms with Akinbami’s death.
He said the incident was a reminder of how deadly COVID-19 was and called on Nigerians to adhere to the COVID-19 protocols.
Adefarasin tweeted, “Yesterday, I received the rude and shocking news of someone deeply dear to me and all of the HOTR family. The passing of Pastor Yinka Akinbami has become most painful because if there truly were good men, he was certainly one. To my brother, sleep well till we meet to part no more
“Family, kindly allow me to solicit your intercession for his dear wife of over 30 years; Pastor Tolu, his children, his children-in-law, and grandchildren. We can only at best imagine how much pain they are feeling. We share the pain of his loss but they will feel it a lot more.
“It’s important to remind the community about the deadly nature of the Covid-19 and its mutant virus strains. Please do your part by following all the recommended precautions. That way, you are able to protect yourself and others who become proximal to you. God bless and keep us all.”
Entertainer, IK Osakioduwa, also expressed shock over Akinbami’s passing.
- Lawrence Oyor pens heartfelt tribute to his late father, Rev’d Gomba Oyor, releases burial arrangements.
- “You would have turned 60 today”, Tolu Odukoya’s emotional posthumous birthday note to her late mom, Bimbo Odukoya
- First Vice President of the Living Faith Church, Bishop David Abioye loses father
- Bishop Mike Afolabi has gone to be with the Lord at 65
- Exactly a year ago, Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke went to be with the Lord
- Honouring your parents attract more blessings – Bishop Oyedepo