Gospel filmmaker, Doyin Hassan, who recently lost his wife, has finally spoken on her death and how he has been surviving without her in the last five months. Speaking during an Instagram Live session, monitored by Sunday Scoop he said, “I am surviving. My wife was everything to me. She was an encourager. My wife passed on unexpectedly because she was not sick.
We had been married for almost 10 years before her demise. If one has a spouse that is supportive of one’s vision and the person is very experienced in that field, it makes things a lot better. I am not talking about a wife that is submissive and supportive. I am talking about getting married to a forerunner in the field that one operates.
If I was feeling lazy and could not pray, she was the one that usually pushed me. That is the kind of spouse everybody should aspire to have. When my wife died, I did not know I could survive it because I feel her presence all the time. When I think about her or remember the things she used to say, I begin to laugh alone.
I had heard so many things about her before we got married but when we tied the knots, I realized that she was even holier than what I saw on the peripheral level.” Hassan, whose face will always bring back to memory his infamous role in a Mount Zion film titled, ‘Captives of the Mighty’, stated that he developed a tough skin after the movie.
He said, “Over time, I have grown a very thick skin, especially when people say negative things about one in the media. One’s followership on social media is not just because they love one, they just want to gossip. Being negative sometimes can attract followership. I do not have many followers but I know those that follow me are probably Christians or people who love the gospel and want to encourage me.
There are people who appreciate what I do and there are also people who hate me for the role I played in a movie. To me, it means that I succeeded in convincing them and that’s the purpose. There is no point acting a role and people are wondering if one really has any acting prowess.”
SEE PHOTOS BELOW;
#Source: KEMI FILANI NEWS
Published By: Ifeoluwa ORISAKAHUNSI
- ‘I apologize, It was my innocent way of interpreting the role’, Doyin Hassan reacts as Nigerians say they are scared of him over his movie roles.
- Doyin Hassan celebrates 10 years after bagging PhD, prays for those aspiring the height
- Bunmi Bamitale organizes free online diction training for drama ministers with Feyi Adepoju, Doyin Hassan, Kayode Owojori & Eniola Okedare
- “Celebrate your mother even now that she is still alive” – Doyin Hassan
- Doyin Hassan remembers mom who died 31 years ago (Photo)
- Popular gospel filmmaker, Doyin Hassan loses wife