Visibly, the number of itinerant pastors is on the increasing side, especially those who have devised ingenious ways of winning souls and making a living out of it in a country endowed with recession, inflation and joblessness, thereby making public space preachers plead with passengers in public transport or passersby to support their ministries with whatsoever amount God is laying in their hearts.
Popular gospel filmmaker, John Oguntuase has condemned the act of pastors seeking financial assistance after praying or preaching to passengers. According to the filmmaker, requesting for monetary succor after prayers has already registered insult on genuine minsters and the God they claimed to have sent them.
He however urged every preacher in the category to find a daily job that will make them financially stable rather than begging for financial support and adding dishonor to the body of Christ.
John Oguntuase shares;
It is very heart breaking to see someone preach or pray in the public space such bus, Parks etc and then begins to beg the same people for financial assistant afterwards, do you even know the impression you just created of yourself, other genuine preachers and the God you claimed to represent? find work do na and shop shaming the body of Christ
Published By: Ifeoluwa ORISAKAHUNSI
- John Oguntuase Reacts To Dan Ope’s Post On Filmmaking, Demands Proof of His Assertion
- “Call a thief a thief”, John Oguntuase reacts to Hushpuppi’s arrest over 168 billion fraud
- #EndSARS: John Oguntuase mocks those that voted for Buhari in 2019
- If your lifestyle does not glorify God, your gifts and talents are nothing before Him” – Mike Bamiloye
- “As a Christian, it is wrong and dangerous to listen to Wordly music”, Joshua Mike Bamiloye tweets.
- “They will be your friend finish, only to take away your baby sister”, Damilola Mike Bamiloye jokingly reacts to DL2020