Cross-over services are one of the noteworthy events that hold in churches every 31st of December, to usher in a new year. Usually, the events start before 12am and end minutes after 12am.
But due to the COVID-19 pandemic which has affected a lot of things, the cross-over services into the year 2021, the global health workers has discouraged large gathering leading to many churches adjusting their events to fit into the rules laid by some state governments. According to reports, Ogun, Lagos, Osun, Cross River, amongst others have announced curfew between 12am to 4am on the 1st of January, 2021 following to the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 order.
However, The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has announced via his official Facebook page on Monday, that RCCG Cross over service start by 6pm. He wrote, “God has been so good to us. He has kept us despite the many hurdles of this year. It is time to crossover gallantly into 2021. Be a part of the crossover service and be empowered for the year 2021.” This update was reaffirmed with a flyer clearly stating the commencement time as members were encouraged to link up with the service online.
Also, the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries led by Dr Daniel Olukoya said the church’s cross-over service would hold physically between 9pm and 11pm while it would continue virtually into the New Year.
A circular dated December 29, 2020, and signed by Pastor Gbesan Adebambo, the church’s Assistant General Overseer in charge of Administration, partly read, “The leadership of this ministry has directed that, in view of the government safety and health regulations, coupled with the imposed curfew between 12am and 4am, the cross-over night service on the 31st of December, 2020, would now hold from 9pm to 11pm on Thursday.”
The Living Faith Church Worldwide aka Winners’ Chapel led by Bishop David Oyedepo has also said the church’s cross-over service would hold between 6pm and 8pm.
- “We’ve recorded 55 healings of Coronavirus”- Bishop David Oyedepo announces
- Reopen Churches Now, CAN Tells Nigerian Government | gospelflowng
- (Video): “God is real”, Lady declares, as her mum beats Covid-19 after fighting for her life for 2 months
- It is only a foolish old man that will say he wants to marry a very young lady who is just starting her life – Obey
- Pastor Chris slams Africans who call themselves black, says black is not associated with anything good.
- The only way to a fruitful marriage is total submission on the part of the wife – Bishop David Oyedepo