President Muhammadu Buhari has joined members of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), the Christian community, particularly clergymen in Nigeria and abroad, in celebrating with Pastor Enoch Adeboye on his 80th birthday, today.
In a congratulatory message issued by his media aide, Mr. Femi Adesina, in Abuja, Buhari felicitated with the wife, Pastor Foluke Adeboye, family members, friends and relations as the general overseer-turned octogenarian. He commended Adeboye for walking the path of a righteous man by dedicating his life to the service of God, and humanity.
The President recalled his private and public meetings with the renowned preacher and teacher of the Bible over many years, most remarkably the visit when he was recuperating in London in 2017. He appreciated Adeboye’s warmth and friendliness, saying his contributions to the betterment of Nigeria and other countries stand out clearly as testimonies of his divine calling.
Also, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) described the cleric as a model to the Pentecostal community in many ways and a huge inspiration to the body of Christ around the world. In a statement, PFN’s Board of Trustees said: “Not only do you stand out for your humility, your unwavering commitment to the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, almost 30 years after you left office as the national president, is worthy of commendation.
“We salute you for consistently supporting PFN through the years, always ready to offer the much-needed support and advice at all times. The statement added: “Your impact in the over 40 years of your leadership of the RCCG is evident across all continents and many generations, making you a global icon and one of the most influential people in the world, of whom we are proud.
“Our prayer is that God will continue to keep you strong and healthy to continue to serve as an inspiration to millions all over the world, within and outside the Christian fold.”
- “She still cooks my food and serves me by herself”, Pastor Adeboye writes as he celebrates his wife on her 72nd birthday
- “Happy birthday my Love”, Mummy Folu Adeboye pens heartfelt message to celebrate her husband as he turns 79
- Photos of Pastor Adeboye’s only daughter, Boluwagbe Adubi who clocks 51 today
- (Photos): Late Pst. Dare’s wife, Temi Adeboye turns a year older today
- ‘80 years of divine Mercy’, RCCG General Overseer, Pastor E.A Adeboye says as he celebrates 80th birthday
- Hallelujah! Pastor E.A Adeboye celebrates 80th birthday (Read his Biography)