Soldiers in the early hours of Monday thwarted an attack on Faith Academy, a secondary school owned by Living Faith Church Worldwide, founded by Bishop David Oyedpo. The school is not far from a boarding school where many students were abducted in the Chikun local government area of Kaduna State.
The gunmen had launched coordinated attacks on both Bethel secondary school and Faith Academy in the early hours of Monday. While they abducted students at Bethel School, the attack on Faith Academy was foiled. A security agent confirmed the gunmen broke into the premises of Faith Academy through the back fence around 1am but were repelled by soldiers, with assistance from the school security team.
A parent, whose son attends the school, told Daily Trust that the school management had last week instructed all students except Senior Secondary School three students to go home, as they are preparing for final-year examination.
She said adequate provision had been made to move the SS3 students to Barnawa in the Kaduna south local government area where they are expected to continue with their studies. She commended security agents for their timely intervention, saying her son and others who were in the hostel during the attack are safe and have been evacuated from the school premises.
When contacted, the Kaduna State Police Command through the Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige, said he could not confirm it but security agents were busy thwarting attacks by bandits throughout the night. Meanwhile, it was earlier reported today that gunmen suspected to be bandits abducted many students of Bethel Baptist School located in Maraban Rido, Chikun Local Government Area.
The development comes just hours after bandits abducted babies, female nurses and security guards from the residential quarters of the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Centre (NTLC) in Zaria, Kaduna State on Sunday. It was gathered that the bandits invaded the school around 2am on Monday, shooting sporadically into the air before kidnapping the students. The incident comes a few weeks after some students of Federal Government College, Birnin-Yauri in Kebbi state were kidnapped after gunmen stormed the school.
- “One of the ways a husband should express his love for his wife is by giving her gifts” – Bishop Oyedepo
- See photos from the Laying of Foundation and Ground Breaking Service of “The Ark”, New Winners’ Chapel International Headquarters of 106,000 capacity
- “Living Faith ongoing mega project “The Ark” is the building with the largest span in the world” – Bishop David Oyedepo (Photos)
- We bought a brand new plane then God instructed me not to step out of Nigeria – Bishop David Oyedepo
- Kogi: Abducted Living Faith Church members regain freedom
- PhotoNews: Condolence visit by bishop Oyedepo to Ogun State Governor on the demise of his 89-Year old father