The Chancellor of Covenant University, Ota, Ogun state, Dr David Oyedepo, says he will build a world-class university to compete favourably with other universities. Oyedepo, the founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide, said this on Thursday, October 21 at the 19th Founder’s Day celebration of the university.
He said that the institution would provide the enabling environment for quality education to thrive so that a new generation of leaders could be raised to proffer solutions to nations’ challenges.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that he attributed the successful execution of developmental projects that could aid teaching in the university to the grace of God.
The chancellor said the institution began operations in 2002 with nothing, stressing that:
“But with the grace of God, which we did not take for granted, the institution is already on ground and flourishing.’’ Bishop Oyedepo said that without God, the university would not have been able to achieve its remarkable development. He added: “The more glory we give to God, the more grace He is releasing because by strength shall no man prevail.’’ The chancellor, who described God as awesome, noted that the institution never experienced setbacks in its operations.
In his remarks, the vice-chancellor of the university, Professor Abiodun Adebayo, said it was training expert thinkers and technocrats that would restore the dignity of the Black race. Adebayo said the entry of Covenant University into Nigeria’s educational landscape marked the battles of revolution in Africa’s educational system.
- The only way to a fruitful marriage is total submission on the part of the wife – Bishop David Oyedepo
- “If they were killed when they were youths, would they be where they are today?”, Bishop Oyedepo endorses #EndSARS
- Bishop Oyedepo Surprises Tope Alabi On Her 50th Birthday (Video)
- (Video): Bishop David Oyedepo & wife makes surprise visit to Pastor E.A Adeboye on his 79th Birthday.
- (Photos): Bishop Oyedepo unveils the Multi-Billion New “Winners’ Chapel” International Headquarters of 100,000 capacity project
- ‘It’s a nasty development for Muslims to ask their students in Christian schools to wear Hijab in Kwara, leave the schools for the owners’ – Bishop Oyedepo